9550 Leon St, Philadelphia, PA 19114
John F. Byrne Golf Club is one of the most respected courses in Philadelphia. Purchased by the City in the early 1960’s, it was renamed after famous Philadelphia councilman, John F. Byrne.
The Alex Findlay layout has played host to numerous tournaments including the Philadelphia Publinks Senior Open Amateur Championship. The course is nestled in and around a valley and features a variety of tree-lined and open fairways. Several elevated tees and greens accent the already rolling terrain, therefore creating dramatic changes in elevation.
The layout is highlighted by the Torresdale Creek which winds its way through the course coming into play on ten holes. In addition to the water, this picturesque golf course features oversized bunkers that are strategically placed to protect the average-sized greens.
Par is an excellent score on the 385-yard par 4 9th hole, as the golfer is required to hit a lengthy tee shot followed by an accurate approach shot to a sloped green guarded by two large bunkers. Once you play this challenging golf course you’ll find out what has attracted golfers to John F. Byrne Golf Club for over 70 years.
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN
Registration will open at the following times:
Fall I: Open
Fall II: Open
NOTE: ALL session registrations will close on the Monday of the week they start.
HOW TO REGISTER
- Click here to “LOG IN” or create an account
- Register your student as a First Tee Participant by clicking “For Participant” and then the orange button “add a participant”
- Select your desired location. Click “view more info” on the pop-up.
- Select your class(es)! If you do not see any classes available, this is because there are age and/or level restrictions. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- Complete the checkout process: sign all waivers, answer the questions, and pay/request financial aid to officially enroll in the class(es).
Your confirmation email will arrive a week before class begins!
Contact us at email@example.com with any questions or for help.
If you have any questions regarding our programming, contact our Program Director, Rebecca Caimano, at firstname.lastname@example.org