We thank The Ellis A. Gimbel Trust for their partnership with The First Tee in making a difference in the lives of many visually impaired underprivileged young people in the Philadelphia community.
The First Tee and golf for underprivileged children provides an entertainment outlet for the children to enjoy themselves while making healthy connections within their peer group. Poor young children do not have access to youth sport leagues. At The First Tee, we offer young people the joy of golf to empower kids to overcome the effects of poverty and to help them grow physically, emotionally and mentally. Golf and The First Tee give poor youth a chance to learn and a place to escape from their situation. The First Tee offers underprivileged children, the entertaining value of care free pleasures and the ability to have fun being a kid.
With funding from the Ellis A. Gimbel Trust, hundreds of visually impaired children from June through September 2018 have been able to enjoy the following program benefits:
- Spend countless hours in an outdoor, green grass environment.
- Be entertained while experiencing a fun and relaxed environment.
- Learn life skills to overcome poverty and the effects of poverty.
- Learn the game of golf which will open doors and opportunities for them.
- Grow physically, mentally and emotionally.
- Become Good Golfers but, Even Better People.